EV on AIX?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sat Apr 28 14:24:45 CEST 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 12:28:07PM -0600, Darin McBride <darin.mcbride at shaw.ca> wrote:
> On Saturday March 24 2012 8:34:15 PM Marc Lehmann wrote:
> > So, I guess I'll go with a full sync. You only pay once per loop
> > iteration or so.
>
> What timeline are you thinking about releasing this fix for AIX? :-)

Hmm, I am not aware of any fix needed for aix at the moment, and I don't
really get anything out of the quote either, which fix do you mean? You
mean xlC thread support?

> I'm doing some AIX testing, and just was trying to compile in various modules
> I'm interested in, and thought I'd try EV again, but it's still the old error.

Looking at the old thread, there are lots of feasible workarounds
without having to patch anything, so I am not sure why you want to patch
something.

> Should I ever have to run this by legal (which will hopefully be later this
> year), they would MUCH rather I use an official release than a patched one.  The
> headaches that is the corporate legal process :-S

Well, the soltuion for not wanting to patch would be to not patch. Also, your
problem with your legal department seems to be a problem with your legal
department, and the solution would be to solve that problem - a release of
libev will not fix any legal or procedural issues.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de