multi-line URL support

Emanuele Giaquinta emanuele.giaquinta at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 09:51:33 CEST 2015

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 08, 2015 at 12:09:47PM -0700, frederik at ofb.net wrote:
> Hi Alex,
>
> Thanks for the script. I realized after I sent my query that I
> actually use 'url-select' and not 'matcher' although 'matcher' looks
> more versatile.

is there any specific reason why you prefer url-select over matcher? The
current version of matcher should be on par with url-select, and is more
versatile as you say.

> I ended up creating a patch to 'url-select' which was pretty
> straightforward. It effectively modifies 'sub line' in
> rxvt-unicode-9.21/src/urxvt.pm to compare line length to terminal
> ncols rather than using the builtin ROW_is_longer. This routine is
> copied into url-select with the appropriate changes and renamed
> 'multiline', then all calls to 'line' in url-select are changed to
> 'multiline'.
>
> https://github.com/muennich/urxvt-perls/issues/6#issuecomment-138446817
>
> I imagine this would work for 'matcher' as well, and would be simpler
> than your version with the custom 'enlarge'. I'm not sure if they do
> the same thing, however.

This hack looks resonably clean so I would be fine with adding it to
matcher provided that it is optional and off by default.

Emanuele