URxvt font ligatures support ?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Aug 13 08:24:51 CEST 2015

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 01:12:40AM +0000, Raito Bezarius <masterancpp at gmail.com> wrote:
> I wanted to know if font ligatures support was planned ? (or if it was
> implemented, how to enable it ?)

The problem is that urxvt (any terminal, really) is grid-based, and ligatures
are not (they are basically multiple characters that render as one glyph).

I don't think the problems with ligatures are solvable (how do you select
text in the middle of a ligature for example?).

> Anyway, if no contributor is available or want to work on such feature, I
> could give a try.

Feel free, if you think it can be done.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de