URxvt bug: broken terminal after setting terminal size too large

ambrus ambrus at math.bme.hu
Wed May 31 09:28:44 CEST 2017

On 2017-05-30 23:26, Rastislav Barlik wrote:
> As you have suggested, it's actually a bug in the Intel GPU drivers.

Funnily, the main reason why I started using urxvt instead of xterm long
ago was an xterm graphical glitches bug that appeared when the terminal
was large.  It didn't even need a very large terminal, it was enough to
use an almost full screen sized window with a 10x20 pixel font (I don't
remember what my screen resolution was, but definitely between 500 and
2000 pixels).  I don't know if the graphical glitches were caused by a
buggy graphics driver or a bug in xterm itself, but I never got glitches
like that with urxvt.  (After that, I have found that urxvt had many
other advantages over xterm.)

-- Ambrus