URxvt bug: broken terminal after setting terminal size too large

Rastislav Barlik barlik-arch at gmx.com
Tue May 30 22:43:32 CEST 2017

On Tue, 30 May 2017 22:20:13 +0200
Jesper Anderson <jesper at pobox.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 30, 2017 at 10:05 PM, Rastislav Barlik
> <barlik-arch at gmx.com> wrote:
> >
> > Not to add further confusion, by saying screen, I've actually meant
> > terminal window. XTerm however resizes up to your X11 screen size
> > (the size you get when running xrandr command).
>
> That is bad behaviour of XTerm. If I provide a size, that is the size
> I want.
>
> // Jesper

I'm not saying that the XTerm's behavior is the right one. What I'm
saying is that it would be nice if we didn't show garbage on the
screen. Just look at my screenshot:
https://transfer.sh/oej6R/2017-05-30-212609_953x559_scrot.png

This is what I end up after I resize my terminal to 2000 columns and
then put it back.