matcher: on_button_press { return 1 }

Alex Efros powerman at powerman.name
Mon Apr 24 22:22:08 CEST 2017

Hi!

On Mon, Apr 24, 2017 at 10:50:32PM +0300, Emanuele Giaquinta wrote:
> That would be only a workaround. It is normal for extensions to return a
> true value in a hook when consuming an event. The behaviour you observe

But isn't matcher not "consume" this event? Yeah, it did some actions, but
these actions didn't meant to prevent other handlers from consuming this
event. The on_button_release IS consume event in case it opens url in
browser, but for me it looks like on_button_press is not consume anything.

That's why I wrote initial email with question - I didn't see any reason
to have this "return 1" at all.

> is due to a bug in how urxvt manages mouse events. Can you try the
> attached patch?

Thanks. I've tried it, but didn't notice any difference - issue wasn't
fixed.

--
			WBR, Alex.