Different fg/bg values for same color number?

Stephen Hicks stephenhicks at gmail.com
Sat Apr 22 03:48:25 CEST 2017

I recently tried to adjust some of my colors to be a bit brighter
(i.e. my colors1-6 are now closer to my colors9-14), which generally
worked well, but I found that a number of cases where non-bold colors
were used as backgrounds became too glaringly bright.

Is there a way to specify that color2's foreground color should be
(say) #44EE44, but if it's used as a background, it should be #00AA00?
 If not, is it something that's feasible (or desirable) to implement?

Thanks,
steve