Extremely fast keyboard input is reordered/causes urxvt to hang

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Nov 25 21:22:15 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 07:56:23PM -0800, "Edward Z. Yang" <ezyang at mit.edu> wrote:
> program was plover).  Below the fold is a test program which pretty
> reliably hangs rxvt-unicode (you'll need python-xlib).  Can anyone else
> try to reproduce?

When I (or the other people I asked) run it I, I get a few "as" as output,
and thats it.

In any case, I doubt very much that this is something in urxvt - are you,
by chance, running gentoo, some experimental unstable x release, buggy
xtest extensionor another program (e.g. buggy input method) that might
cause this?

Especially when you see reordered keyboard input the cause would almost by
guarantee be something else (kernel bug, x bug), as urxvt handles events
in the order it receives them.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de