A terminal for Lilbug

Patrick Serru patrick at serru.net
Tue Sep 17 04:58:15 CEST 2013

Le lundi 16 septembre 2013, vous avez écrit :
> On Mon, Sep 16, 2013 at 06:52:16AM -0500, Patrick Serru <patrick at serru.net>
wrote:
> > …
>
> Have you looked at the -pty-fd option? That will both do away with the
> need to -e something, and it should work with urxvtc, too (but also urxvt
> of course).
--------------------------
      Hi Marc,

      Thank you for your response. I searched and searched. I found only two
references in the two pages given by Google. All but one is the content
of …/share/man/man7/urxvt.7, and the single other one was "Run a program
under a pty session". What I understoud is that there are a lot of
missunderstanding possible.

      Let me rephrase the question: I would like to know how to write in C a
piece of code that:
would open a graphical (separate) window running urxvt and then
would open some bidirectional pipe to be able to
 - write to the standard input of that just opened urxvt running graphical
window and
 - read from the standard output of that urxvt window.

      I first thought NCurses "newterm ()" would do the trick, but I have not
succeeded in this direction.

      I thank you for your help.
Patrick Serru