Environment variable issue

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sun Aug 18 20:27:11 CEST 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 09:08:23PM +0300, Adrian Sendroiu <molecula2788 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Well, the environment is being preserved, or would, if there was an
> > environment to preserve. As it is, you expect urxvt to preserve something
> > that it cannot know about (whats the semantics of empty strings?).
>
> No, I expect to preserve the other ones, which have sane values.

As far as I can see, this is exactly what happens. I am still confused
though - what you seem to report is some expectation of preservation when
you do NOT pass in sane values (or even valid ones) - empty strings have
no meaning in the environment, and thus there is no way to preserve them
in any sense of the word preservation - you can't even represent them in
the environment, so what should the semantic value of empty strings be?

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de