Environment variable issue

Adrian Sendroiu molecula2788 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 18:19:16 CEST 2013

Marc Lehmann <schmorp at schmorp.de> writes:

> Hmm, you seems to say that if you pass in a corrupted environment, and
> then get a corrupted environment as a result. The fix for that is to not
> pass a corrupted environment to urxvt.

It's just that my inuition told me that the environment should at least
be preserved, despite the fact that one entry does not obey to the
"name=value" form. But I understand your position, it's not really
urxvt's fault.

Unfortunately, it's not me who passes the environment, it comes down
from the interaction of different tools, so I think my easiest way out
is to use another terminal emulator.

> Are you saying that init2 *causes* the corrupted environment in the first
> place? That would be a bug in urxvt, but your example doesn't indicate
> that - it clearly passes in a corrupt env to urxvt, as opposed to the
> other way round.

No, I'm not saying that, I just tried to understand the code flow.