Environment variable issue

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sun Aug 18 08:12:58 CEST 2013

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 01:46:20PM +0300, Adrian Sendroiu <molecula2788 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I noticed a strange behaviour when urxvt is started in an environment
> which contains an empty string.

Hi!

> As you can see, some variables get corrupted.

Hmm, you seems to say that if you pass in a corrupted environment, and
then get a corrupted environment as a result. The fix for that is to not
pass a corrupted environment to urxvt.

> I managed to track it up to the init2 -> HOOK_INVOKE ((this,

Are you saying that init2 *causes* the corrupted environment in the first
place? That would be a bug in urxvt, but your example doesn't indicate
that - it clearly passes in a corrupt env to urxvt, as opposed to the
other way round.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de