Fwd: [REQ] Add rxvt-unicode terminfo

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Oct 27 02:14:47 CET 2009

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 05:29:25PM +0200, rogutes at googlemail.com wrote:
> I've sent the message cited below to bug-ncurses at gnu.org and the current
> ncurses maintainer replied that he would accept a patch only from the
> developer of rxvt-unicode and that the terminfo must be accurate.

The terminfo delivered with urxvt is, to the best of my knowledge and
abilities, accurate (definitely more accurate as the rxvt one ncurses
ships, as that one doesn't even match the original rxvt).

Or in other words, the terminfo shipped with rxvt-unicode is as accurate
as it gets, and is from the dveeloper of rxvt-unicode.

> Could this somehow be resolved for the benefit of lots of urxvt users?

After all the shit I went through after sending my last bugfix patch for
ncurses (which he did not properly attribute nor represent), and given
that I translate "I only accept it from the maintainer" as "the absue will
never end", I don't think I will find the strength to do so.

To me, it is quite obvious that all his actions are only meant to help
xterm and hurt rxvt/urxvt/... as much as he can.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com