transparency & tabs working together; tabs key shortcut

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Wed Jun 18 02:49:17 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 01:07:27PM +0200, Petr Vorel <pevik at seznam.cz> wrote:
> But why I can't use it together?

I have no clue, tell us, you certainly can use them together (as you write
yourself):

>    urxvt -tr -pe tabbed
> - this option works like "urxvt -pe tabbed" (no transparency, just tabs)

No transparency at all? that's interesting. In any case, transparency
would have to be set on both the tab-windows and the main window, which
is currently a bit tricky to do. Also, not all types of transparency work
correctly (due to limitations in rxvt-unicode and/or X11 and/or your
composite manager).

(maybe somebody who knows more about tabs and transparency cna come up
with a way to do it - I use neither tabs nor transparency mself).

> 2) Are there any key shotcuts for creating new tab and moving between them (something like tab features for vim 7 would be great).

Sure, check the documentation (usually in man urxvtperl).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com