urxvt incorrectly treats XGlyphInfo

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Nov 30 15:02:01 CET 2007

On Fri, Nov 30, 2007 at 03:10:03PM +0600, Dmitry Bukin <D.A.Bukin at inp.nsk.su> wrote:
> and I have found that rxvt incorrectly treat
> the structure XGlyphInfo when it tests for the glyph widths.

> Please see, e.g. http://keithp.com/~keithp/render/Xft.tutorial for details.

Well, that tutorial clearly says that width is the width and xOff isn't,
so either it is wrong or you are wrong.

> So, here is my patch which fix this problem:

xOff is *not* the width of the character, but the offset to the next one
(also called the spacing). We are not interested in that, we need the real
width of the character glyph, the offste might be much smaller (or larger)
than the glyph width.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      pcg at goof.com