urxvt-unicode shows some Japanese FULLWIDTH chars as HALFWIDTH

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Sat Nov 4 21:30:11 CET 2006

On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 02:27:26PM +0900, "Dai.H." <dg-f at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> In src/rxvt.h
>
> > // for speed reasons, we assume that all latin1 characters
> > // are single-width (the first unicode combining character
> > // is actually 0x300, but ascii is what matters most).
> > #define WCWIDTH(c) ((c) & ~0xff ? wcwidth (c) : 1)

Hmm, I then wrongly assumed that wcwidth would be 1 for chars < 0x100 in all
locales. I'll fix this in the next release.

Thanks for pointing out that this applies to characters < 0x100.

> I add dirty code that overwritting width to
> rxvt_term::scr_add_lines in src/screen.C.

changing the 0xff to 0x7f (or 0x00 to disable it completely) will fix
that, too, and something like that will be in the next release.

--
                The choice of a
      ---==---(_)__  __ ____  __      pcg at goof.com
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      http://schmorp.de/