Compilation error on Solaris

Jonas Ådahl tox at dtek.chalmers.se
Tue Apr 26 21:06:45 CEST 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 06:08:45PM +0200, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 04:04:29PM +0200, Jonas Ådahl <tox at dtek.chalmers.se> wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 04:23:10PM +0200, Marc Lehmann wrote:
> > > On Thu, Apr 21, 2005 at 02:24:16PM +0200, Jonas Ådahl <tox at dtek.chalmers.se> wrote:
> > > In any case, you might want to eport this back, because that increases
> > > chances of it being worked around in some future version :)
> > >

> > I modified the source code (attached patched) and disabled XIM support. It
> > now compiles as it should.
>
> Interesting... are functions missing when _XOPEN_SOURCE is being defined
> or why did you undef it?

Exactly, when _XOPEN_SOURCE was defined, mbrtowc wasn't find by the compiler.

> > There is another problem though. When typing the swedish letter å (a with a
> > ring) it takes two (and some times three) hits for it to display (I hit "å"
> > three times, and on the third hit, all three "å" are printed). Could this be
>
> Either XIM (although it's less likely, it is possible) or the program
> you use (eg. the shell) has some problems with non-ascii-characters or
> multibyte characters, or the locale is set wrongly or differs between rxvt
> and the program running in it.
>
> > a problem because i disabled XIM? I'm using version 5.4, is this fixed in 5.5
> > or is it openwin's fault?
>
> It's not likely to be a bug in either openwin or rxvt, I guess either a
> buggy shell or misconfigured locale settings, or missing XIM, or problems
> in your libc, or something entirely else, in that order :)

The locale settings are the same as on a Linux-box (all of them sv_SE.UTF-8)
and it works perfectly there. XIM couldn't be compiled because XSetIMValues
wasn't found. And the behavior is the same in tcsh, bash, irssi and vim.

/Jonas