question on using INADDR_LOOPBACK in ev_pipe

Tim Na timna2 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 20:37:16 CET 2018

okay - thanks for your response.

So far I have asked our customers to lower restriction or make exception to
our app solely because of this issue of using local loop ip.  It worked
well until we are getting a lot more customers to handle and most of them
(95%) are windows users.  These majority users in enterprise world with IT
folks who are paranoid about security to install top security anti-virus to
its highest restriction don't get these things and they are simply annoyed
when things doesn't work.

I know the work involved to migrate from libevent to libuv wouldn't be easy
as I looked thru the APIs but I guess I will have to bite the bullet and
find some workaround somehow.

Thanks,
Tim