question on using INADDR_LOOPBACK in ev_pipe

Tim Na tim at fuze.com
Thu Nov 29 06:14:42 CET 2018

Hi,

Currently I am using libevent for socket read/write/timeout event and
facing some issue where some users are experiencing application failure due
to anti-virus/firewall blocking libevent binding INADDR_LOOPBACK.  I was
looking at libev as alternative solution but found in ev_win32.c that it's
using two sockets emulating the pipe as well.  Is there a way to avoid this?

Thanks,
Tim

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any

attachments may be confidential. If you are not an intended recipient, you

are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this

e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error,

please notify the sender and permanently delete the e-mail and any

attachments immediately. You should not retain, copy or use this e-mail or

any attachment for any purpose, nor disclose all or any part of the

contents to any other person. Thank you.*