libev and libevent

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Wed Feb 21 05:54:11 CET 2018

On 21/02/18 11:21, Marc Lehmann wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 07:26:03AM +0800, Andy Green <andy at warmcat.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Anyhow, I don't think this is the right place for introductory programming
>>
>> You brought this subject up.
>
> I pointed at a solution to your problem, which you claimed isn't a
> solution because your prtogramming skills weren't good enough to be

*shrug* I guess you think personalizing this make you sound cool and I
am supposed to get upset.

Since you did nothing, it remains both libev and libevent define EV_READ
and other things to different values.  Otherwise, the two sets of
headers coexist well.  Here is a reminder of the great state of affairs:

libevent says

/usr/include/event2/event.h:#define EV_READ        0x02
/usr/include/event2/event.h:#define EV_WRITE    0x04

and libev says

   EV_READ     =            0x01, /* ev_io detected read will not block */
   EV_WRITE    =            0x02, /* ev_io detected write will not block */

It must have took a long time to write the rest... <snip>

-Andy