clang c11

Jamal Hadi Salim jhs at mojatatu.com
Tue Mar 24 13:43:40 CET 2015

Hi Rick,

On 03/21/15 05:49, Rick van Rein wrote:

> This is not mentioned in the man pages of BSD or POSIX; it appears to be
> specific to the glibc environment, see the reference to
> feature_test_macros(7)
>
> The glibc choice of hiding identifiers when these symbols aren't defined
> prior
> to including the file should be addressed locally.  The options you have are
> to set up Linux / glibc treatment in autoconf and/or to use clang's -D
> option.
>
> You won't need to detect Linux or glibc in autoconf; instead, you can
> just test
> if the function exists, and if not try if that changes when you #define
> a symbol.

Thanks for the tip.

[..]

> Did you try -D_POSIX_SOURCE already?

Yes, that works fine - I was not sure i needed that since the only
thing that breaks on compilng libev when i specified the c11
requirement was what i posted on. Everything else was fine.
Boils down to level of strictness that clang enforces as Marc
was alluding. In any case I have the answers i was looking for.

cheers,
jamal