Driving a thread pool from libev

Rick van Rein rick at openfortress.nl
Sat Feb 14 10:47:13 CET 2015

Hi Echo,

> 3) When main thread got a new request, it find an idle worker and write the request data to the worker's circle-buffer and notify the worker's ev_async.

This is what I’m hoping to avoid — slowing down the master with the read() of the available data, and causing a need for an extra memcpy() in the worker threads.  This may only work with a modification of libev, and I thought it would be useful to drive that discussion.

> My English is not very good, hope this helpful.

To me, you make a lot of sense :)

Thanks for your response!

 -Rick