Bug in C++ wrapper

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Sep 9 15:34:38 CEST 2014

On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 02:51:40PM +0200, Marc Lehmann <schmorp at schmorp.de> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2014 at 02:43:31PM +0200, Marc Lehmann <schmorp at schmorp.de> wrote:
> > that would be of great help, because we can't seem to find any compiler
> > which doesn't accept it as an extension (tries with msvc, gcc and clang).
>
> Found one, apples proprietary clang fork seems to error out, the official
> release doesn't seem to.

Ok, it's more complicated, apple's clang errors out on all sorts of valid
exception specifications, too, so we now just disable exception specs on
__APPLE__ && __clang__.

Apple victims are strongly advised to install clang (e.g. from macports)
or gcc, the amount of workarounds required just for apple's clang soon
will become unmanagable.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de