HTTP servers that run libev

Christian Parpart trapni at gmail.com
Fri May 2 17:27:01 CEST 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:07 AM, Harm van Tilborg <harm at zeroxcool.net>wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
> I searched around a bit, and found that nxweb used to use libev as its
> event backend, but doesn't do that anymore. Therefore I was wondering
> whether you know of any HTTP server that is using libev as its
> backend.
>
> I'm about to write a simple HTTP service, and since I have some good
> experience with libev, I was wondering whether there is a good
> starting point that provides some basic HTTP server functionality.

Hey Harm van Tilborg,

actually, I have written an HTTP server that is entirely based on libev
(I/O readiness, timers, inter-thread notifications).
You can find it at: https://github.com/xzero/x0
This is already quite an evolved project, so don't be overwhelmed by the
number of source files, but you are maybe most interested in HttpWorker and
HttpServer files.

You can link against the HTTP library of that project and embed it this way
- email me off-list if you're interested in more infos.

Best regards,
Christian Parpart.