libev port crash in solaris

Vinubalaji Gopal vinubalaji at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 22:42:18 CEST 2014

Hi Marc,
  I figured out the problem, it was a problem in errno. I added debug
statements to see what errno was in the multi threaded program and it was
shown as 0 when the crash happened (overwritten by other threads).

I should have read the section about errno rentrancy in the libev man page
before. Thank you for all the help (and the man page entry). Things seem to
be stable now.

       "errno" reentrancy

       The default compile environment on Solaris is unfortunately so
thread-unsafe that you can't even use components/libraries compiled
       without "-D_REENTRANT" in a threaded program, which, of course,
isn't defined by default. A valid, if stupid, implementation choice.