libev port crash in solaris

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Apr 17 07:00:03 CEST 2014

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 02:33:21PM -0700, Vinubalaji Gopal <vinubalaji at gmail.com> wrote:
>   I see the port based implementation crashes in solaris. I am running the
> latest Solaris (based on the archive suggestions) but it still seem to
> crash. I did find a case where it crashes immediately (which is good,
> otherwise it crashes randomly). Any ideas on what could be causing this?

Since it seems to work for other people, maybe it's a usage bug, such as
use-after-free or a corrupted watcher? (compile libev with EV_VERIFY=3 to
maybe catch these).

Does it only happen with the port backend (you can try with LIBEV_FLAGS=1 or
=2 to chose the select or poll backend as comparison)?

Do you have a minimal testcase that crashes?

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de