Aarch64 support for libev

Riku Voipio riku.voipio at linaro.org
Thu Mar 20 11:38:49 CET 2014

Hi,

First part of the patch adds memory fence for aarch64. Strictly, this isn't
necessary, as the fallback to __atomic_thread_fence (__ATOMIC_SEQ_CST)
would output the same dmb ish instruction.

Second part makes sure the ancient arm float format doesn't get used.
Originally I added an if defined(__aarch64__) like the rest, but then I
thought perhaps reversing the the if else makes sense. old arm float format
is so rare, that the default should be native float ordering. By selecting
__arm__ and !( list of features known to identify native endian on arm ),
we don't need to list all the architectures in world that not mixed-endian.
The feature list was picked up from webkit and firefox.

Alternative would be to drop all ancient arm float support - anyone still
using the abi wouldn't be upgrading to new libev.