socket buffer size

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Jul 19 15:25:00 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 04:55:20PM +0530, Aravindh Ramaswamy <aravindhramu at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will lib-ev adjust socket buffer size automatically so that we are able to
> multiplex effectively once the number of concurrent connections to a server
> keeps increasing steadily ?

Libev doesn't do any I/O, and doesn't touch your fds in any way.

> This is needed because I depend on EAGAIN, to return from read call back.

I am not sure what the conenction between EAGAIN and the socket buffer
size is (you get EAGAIN or EWOULDBLOCK when you read or write to a
non-blocking fd).

However, libev only notifies you of I/O events, it otherwise doesn't do
anything with your fds, it doesn't even set them to non-blocking mode for
you.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de