ev_realloc (ptr=0x0, size=-32)

Chaliha, Sayan sayan.chaliha at in.verizon.com
Tue Jul 9 12:06:23 CEST 2013

Thanks!

--
Warm regards,
Sayan Chaliha.

May the force be with you.

-----Original Message-----
From: Marc Lehmann [mailto:schmorp at schmorp.de]
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:04 PM
To: Chaliha, Sayan
Cc: libev at lists.schmorp.de
Subject: Re: ev_realloc (ptr=0x0, size=-32)

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 12:00:15PM +0530, "Chaliha, Sayan" <sayan.chaliha at in.verizon.com> wrote:
> What are the chances of ev_realloc being called with a null pointer and -32 as size? I see one of the variables used in the calculation has the value -4 (loop->rfeedmax) and I can't find code which actually changes the value.

It's pretty easy to corrupt libev's internal memory structures. Make sure you don't corrupt any watchers that are active (by reusing the memory or freeing it for example).

If you can'T find the problem, you cna try running with a libev compiled with -DEV_VERIFY=2 or 3, which makes libev check it's data structures increasingly often, in the hope of getting a clue.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de