ev_realloc (ptr=0x0, size=-32)

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue Jul 9 11:34:07 CEST 2013

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 12:00:15PM +0530, "Chaliha, Sayan" <sayan.chaliha at in.verizon.com> wrote:
> What are the chances of ev_realloc being called with a null pointer and -32 as size? I see one of the variables used in the calculation has the value -4 (loop->rfeedmax) and I can't find code which actually changes the value.

It's pretty easy to corrupt libev's internal memory structures. Make sure
you don't corrupt any watchers that are active (by reusing the memory or
freeing it for example).

If you can'T find the problem, you cna try running with a libev compiled
with -DEV_VERIFY=2 or 3, which makes libev check it's data structures
increasingly often, in the hope of getting a clue.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de