small fix for mips

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Jul 5 12:22:05 CEST 2013

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 12:08:37PM +0200, Ralf Baechle <ralf at linux-mips.org> wrote:
> > That doesn't sound quite ideal, but is good enough for the time being,
> > especially now that I have this much background information - thanks for
> > providing that!
>
> Which other MIPS operating systems and hardware platforms do you care about?

Libev is supposed to be portable to anything thats unixy and relevant,
within reason. For example, freebsd and netbsd should work, and compilers
other than gcc should work. Some manual tuning might be required (such as
disabling barriers on old compilers).

But, as I said, with the extra background information you gave, the patch
looks like a definite improvement, and people who run ancient mips1
hardware supposedly can deal with any breakage.

The only open question, to me, is why openwrt at least in some
configurations, targets mips1, but it's not important enough for me to
pursue it it, using your time :)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de