EV-4.11 on freebsd ia64 arch

Vladimir Timofeev vovkasm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 22:36:21 CEST 2012

2012/9/24 Zsbán Ambrus <ambrus at math.bme.hu>:
> On 9/24/12, Vladimir Timofeev <vovkasm at gmail.com> wrote:
>> EV-4.11 fails to compile on freebsd on ia64 architecture (
>> http://pointyhat.freebsd.org/errorlogs/ia64-errorlogs/e.9.20120916093935/p5-EV-4.11,1.log
>

> It appears to me that libev already has a similar patch, but that was
> added since the EV-4.11 release.  It uses this statement for gcc on
> ia64:
>
> __asm__ __volatile__ ("mf"       : : : "memory")
>
> You could try to get the latest cvs version of libev (see
> "http://software.schmorp.de/pkg/libev.html" ) and copy it to the right
> place in your EV perl module before you build the module.  (The CPAN
> releases of the EV perl module is distributed with a copy of the libev
> library in it, but this copy is not in the cvs repository for the EV
> module but in a separate CVS repository.)

Sorry, I had to look in the repository, but I did not.
Can I ask about any plans to release a new version of EV module with
updated libev to CPAN?
I need this information because as a maintainer of EV port for freebsd
I have to decide what to do:
* wait for a new version (to allow port build on ia64)
* or provide a local patch for our users with the current version

> Meanwhile, could you please tell us what C compiler (including version
> number) you were using to compile the module?  That's not apparent
> from your log.  Thanks,

It is gcc-4.2.1 (with freebsd patches).

--
Vladimir Timofeev <vovkasm at gmail.com>