Regular File I/O

Amit Kumar k_amitcool at rediffmail.com
Mon Sep 17 07:33:44 CEST 2012

Hello,

I am evaluating libev for regular File I/O (disk based files). Going through few emails on this mailing list and on basis of my understanding of Async I/O behaviour on Linux, I believe:

(a) True AIO is not supported for disk based regular files as underlying OS does not has support for it. Hence libev does not has support for it as it is essentially an event loop.

(b) Posix AIO is not integrated with libev.

(c) libev does not use threads for even notifications on Linux (epoll, select are used).

Can somebody verify the above findings?

PS: I am very new to libev, so please forgive me if i am incorrect here.

Thanks & Best Regards

Amit Gupta