About free watcher in callback function

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Mon Jul 16 13:13:27 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 04:51:55AM +0200, Jonathan Neuschäfer <j.neuschaefer at gmx.net> wrote:
> AFAIK libev won't access a stopped watcher, so you can do that.

Basically yes - one minor nitpick though: a stopped watcher is not enough,
as it might sxpitll be pending (very unlikely in a watcher callback, but
possible if the callback makes it pending again).

ev_XXX_stop is enough to tell libev to keep it hands off because it also does
the equivalent of ev_clear_pending.

So merely being stopped is not ehough, but using ev_XXX_stop is enough.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de