another release candidate
schmorp at schmorp.de
Tue May 15 15:07:09 CEST 2012
Since there was an uncharacteristically big list of bugs in the last rc, I
decided to build another rc, mainly for those who wish to verify that it
works now - as always, feedback appreciated, and thanks to everybody who
gave feedback before.
(same url, updated file)
Changes for the rc relative to 4.11:
- destroying a non-default loop would stop the global waitpid
watcher (Denis Bilenko).
- queueing pending watchers of higher priority from a watcher now invokes
them in a timely fashion (reported by Denis Bilenko).
- add throw() to all libev functions that cannot throw exceptions, for
further code size decrease when compiling for C++.
- add throw () to callbacks that must not throw exceptions (allocator,
syserr, loop acquire/release, periodic reschedule cbs).
- fix event_base_loop return code, add event_get_callback, event_base_new,
event_base_get_method calls to improve libevent 1.x emulation and add
some libevent 2.x funcitonality (based on a patch by Jeff Davey).
- add more memory fences to fix a bug reported by Jeff Davey. Better
be overfenced than underprotected.
- ev_run now returns a boolean status (true meaning watchers are
- ev_once: undef EV_ERROR in ev_kqueue.c, to avoid clashing with
libev's EV_ERROR (reported by 191919).
- (ecb) add memory fence support for xlC (Darin McBride).
- (ecb) add memory fence support for gcc-mips (Anton Kirilov).
- (ecb) add memory fence support for gcc-alpha (Christian Weisgerber).
- work around some kernels losing file descriptors by leaking
the kqueue descriptor in the child.
- include sys/syscall.h instead of plain syscall.h.
- check for io watcher loops in ev_verify, check for the most
common reported usage bug in ev_io_start.
- chose socket vs. WSASocket at compiletime using EV_USE_WSASOCKET.
- always use WSASend/WSARecv directly on windows, hoping that this
works in all cases (unlike read/write/send/recv...).
The choice of a Deliantra, the free code+content MORPG
-----==- _GNU_ http://www.deliantra.net
----==-- _ generation
---==---(_)__ __ ____ __ Marc Lehmann
--==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ / schmorp at schmorp.de
More information about the libev