Is there any other reason that tcp server can't receive socket client data?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Wed Mar 21 11:20:21 CET 2012

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 11:04:03AM +0800, Steem <lishaomin at gmail.com> wrote:
> My test OS version is Linux RH 5.5 enterprise.
>
> Here is some reason that will cause this problem:

You use "this" to refer to your problem, but I don't see any description
of your problem in your entire mail. Did you forget to explain wahty our
problem is?

The only thing I can see is your subject, which talks about client
data. The only client data tcp_server is supposed to receive is the
peername info. Is that your problem?

> When use "netstat -anp" command, the new coming client data is increasing
> (RECV-Q is increasing), but the process name is "-", not my program name
> and PID. It seems that the socket server port is still being used in the
> Linux kernel.

If you are talking about actual tcp data, then tcp_server is not suppoed
to receive thatd ata for you, you have to read the data yourself (using
e.g. sysread).

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de