Async Watcher Issue on Windows

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Feb 23 04:32:58 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 03:46:40PM +0000, Anton Kirilov <akirilov at minervanetworks.com> wrote:
> > That would point towards a change in microsofts libc in newer compilers.
> FYI, I see the same problem on Windows 7, once again with Visual C++ Express 2010. In all cases that I have tested so far I have done a multithreaded debug build, which changes the runtime library accordingly.

right, also, the ms compilers use different runtime libs for different
releases as well, while all the rest tends to use msvcrt (the oldest, used
for msvc6).

so I only ever test with msvcrt, and you never, maybe that explains it.

I'll probably go for the WSASend/WSARecv solution for the next release,
less need for configuration is better.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de