Memory Fence on MIPS

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Feb 23 04:09:17 CET 2012

On Wed, Feb 22, 2012 at 07:14:58PM +0200, Anton Kirilov <akirilov at minervanetworks.com> wrote:
> > predef lists __mips__ as preferred symbol for gcc on mips - could you see
> > whether this works with __mips__ as well?
> Yes, it does.

Thanks!

> that is distributed with the Sourcery G++ Lite toolchain by CodeSourcery; an
> older revision (which does not differ in this particular aspect) is available
> here:

Yes, there is considerable confusion, and I expect both to work for the
foreseeable future (and also in the past), but the __xx__ form is the
official form, and the rest is supposed to be slowly phased out, so if it
works, I'll stick to that.

> Refer to section 2.8. The MIPS32 Instruction Set Quick Reference on the Web
> site I mentioned in my previous message lists the same macro.

Indeed, but they list such illustruous macros such as "_mips" and
"_MIPSEL" when their example uses others, and "__mips64:" which is not
even a valid name, so I guess somebody threw these together in a hurry.

However, actual use always tops any documentation, so I am very grateful
that you verified this.

Thanks again!

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de