Memory Fence on MIPS

Anton Kirilov akirilov at minervanetworks.com
Wed Feb 22 18:14:58 CET 2012

Hello,

> Thanks - "not tested extensively" means that you actually did compile and
> run it though? That is quite enough for me.
Yes, of course, I just had the impression that I should test with multicore
hardware, which I do not have access to.

> predef lists __mips__ as preferred symbol for gcc on mips - could you see
> whether this works with __mips__ as well?
Yes, it does.

I followed the information in a document entitled "MIPS Toolchain Specifics"
that is distributed with the Sourcery G++ Lite toolchain by CodeSourcery; an
older revision (which does not differ in this particular aspect) is available
here:

ftp://krumdeel.dyndns.org/Public/wrt160nl/MIPS-TOOLCHAIN.pdf

Refer to section 2.8. The MIPS32 Instruction Set Quick Reference on the Web
site I mentioned in my previous message lists the same macro.

Yours faithfully,
Anton Kirilov