Async Watcher Issue on Windows

Anton Kirilov akirilov at minervanetworks.com
Mon Feb 20 16:52:55 CET 2012

Hello,

The fix works perfectly. Thank you very much!

> What was the exact symptom you saw without the patch? ev_async silently being ignored?
The write() call inside evpipe_write() returned -1; the return value is not checked anywhere, hence the "silent" part.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the problem the comments right before the invocation of write() refer to is the same, so perhaps you should add a remark that people ought to try EV_USE_WSASOCKET before replacing write() with send().

Yours faithfully,
Anton Kirilov