EV fails to install on OS X 10.7

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Feb 2 21:47:29 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 12:33:16AM +0400, Alexey Borzenkov <snaury at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry, should have been "resulting linkage is external/internal,
> depending on whether ev_default_loop_ptr was declared static before
> including ev.h". But still extern is redundant, I can't see what it's
> supposed to do here. :-/

because the extern declaration will not be there eventually, because
the symbol is very private to the library, so we need an expicit extern
declaration there when libev is released.

now, the "redundant" thing is of course a re dherring - static is also
completely redundant, but still many symbols are declared static for good
reasons :)

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de