EV fails to install on OS X 10.7

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Thu Feb 2 21:45:51 CET 2012

On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 12:21:53AM +0400, Alexey Borzenkov <snaury at gmail.com> wrote:
> clang). But then, in ev.h, EV_API_DECL is always defined as either
> static or extern, and in those cases:

Right, but the identifier shouldn't be visible in the first place, unless
required (because it is static), and solutions that accomodate clang and
avoid the extra visibility are much noisier and harder to understand.

EV 4.10 was, btw., not using an official libev release, it's mainly used
as testbed before the real libev release (which will porbbaly be 4.11).

> Gives a correct error on gcc, but compiles fine on clang. It seems
> like declarations inside functions mess with storage classes somehow.

Yes, the function is absolutely required in my testcase as well.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de