libecb memory fence on s390 and s390x

Alexey Borzenkov snaury at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 23:37:59 CET 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 2:25 AM, Marc Lehmann <schmorp at schmorp.de> wrote:
>> installed, because there's no support for memory fence in libecb. I
>> just looked into gcc sources and it defines memory_barrier for s390 as
>> "bcr\t15,0" (conditional branch on all conditions that is used for
>> synchronization, see
>
> Thanks a lot - I assume this was a gcc version < 4.4 and you looked at >=
> 4.4?

Yes, I looked at gcc 4.4.5, which I often use to understand
abis/register usage on platforms I don't have access to and where I
need to fix inline assembly (especially since linux doesn't always
conform to architectures/processors reference docs, where
gcc/config/{arch} headers turn out to be the only definitive truth).
Haven't actually downloaded a fresh version in awhile, turns out
there's 4.6.2 already. :)

Best regards,
Alexey.