Does EV++ exception specification should be used?

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Mon Jan 9 14:17:18 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 08:28:17PM +0800, 徐亮 <lxu4net at gmail.com> wrote:
> throw an unexpected exception, so my program core dumped. But I can not get
> the location of exception thrown.  I ask a question at
> StackOverflow<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8738301/incorrect-stack-trace-in-core-by-uncaught-stdexception>,
> a nice gay tell me it's caused by exception specification.

Indeed, this is a C++ question, with little or no relevance to libev or
ev++.h, and stackoverflow is indeed more appropriate for c++ exception
questions.

> Does EV++ exception specification should be used?

I really don't know what you mean with "EV++ exception specification".

However, ev++.h doesn't use exceptions and does not make use of exception
specifications, nor does it require you to make one, or forbid you to make
one.

Also, it is permissible to throw exceptions from a watcher callback and
catch it ouside of the ev_loop/ev_run call, if your C environment supports
that or you compiled libev as c++.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de