xxx_poll callbacks and multiple event loops

Paddy Byers paddy.byers at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 11:58:59 CET 2011

Hi,

I'm working on some changes to libuv and trying to support multiple event
loops via a single eio thread pool.

My issue is that I need some context (to resolve the request to a specific
event loop) when want_poll and done_poll are called back by eio. It seems
to me that these callbacks should pass some context information which is
associated with the eio_req that initiated the activity.

I've proposed a patch for libuv:

https://github.com/paddybyers/libuv/commit/d894e912df6f2389fe4b5004701ddd4673ede5f5#diff-0

However, the concern at libuv is whether or not such a change would have a
chance of being upstreamed here.

Do you have any thoughts or comments please? Or an alternative way of doing
what I need?

Thanks - Paddy