EV/libev with Inline::C in perl

Ryan Bullock rrb3942 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 23:12:21 CEST 2011

I am attempting to use EV/libev from Inline::C in an attempt to use
direct callbacks to C functions for a few performance critical
portions of a project I am working on.

However, I am fairly new to C in general and have run into a brick wall.
Whenever I attempt to start a watcher, I either create some kind of
infinite loop, or cause a segfault. I think it is related to
attempting access to the default loop but I am unsure.

I have attached an example of a simple UDP echo server that I am
attempting to get working as a learning device.

Would anyone mind taking a look at it and telling me where I am going
wrong? Or is what I am attempting just not possible?

Any input is welcome.

Thanks,

Ryan