active index mismatch in heap?

Brandon Black blblack at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 12:54:00 CET 2011

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Marc Lehmann <schmorp at schmorp.de> wrote:
> I wonder how much the slowdown of very frequent ev_verify's is compared
> to running under valgrind (which presumably would have pinpointed this
> problem nicely).

I tried both with this application.  Valgrind is considerably slower,
but works well enough for testing with just a handful of connections.
Running the daemon under gdb for a long time with lots of test clients
was what really nailed down the problem for me in the end, because it
was still fast enough to be usable, and when it aborted from the
assert I could look at a stack trace.