Adding Linux ASYNC I/O to libev

Konstantin Osipov kostja.osipov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 11:04:55 CET 2011

Hello,

Sorry if it was raised before, but are there plans to
add support for Linux asynchronous file I/O to libev loop?

While it's not done, what's the canonical way to integrate libeio
into libev loop? In Tarantool project we're using libev together
with "coro" coroutines library to create a cooperative multi-tasking
environment for our networking application. Right now we simply
fork a child and communicate with it via a socket/pipe when it's
necessary to perform disk I/O. But ideally we'd like to properly
integrate file I/O into libev event loop.

Thank you,

--
kostja