Problem with select on windows

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Wed Jan 26 21:22:26 CET 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 09:08:35PM +0100, Bert Belder <H.Belder at student.TUDelft.NL> wrote:
> Great to hear it will be fixed, thanks. I'm looking forward to it.
> I was just thinking, maybe it would be good if unexpected select errors
> were not silently ignored.

First of all, WSAENOTSOCK is not unexpected, it's tested for explicitly
(and thenlibev verifies all fds), and secondly, libev will ev_syserr on
any unexpected error, which by default will abort.

Are we really looking at the same library?

> But that's your call.

It was my call, which is why libev will abort on unexpected errors by
default, unless the user overrides ev_syserr.

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de