rerun of the classical libev benchmark against libevent 2.0.10

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Mon Jan 10 07:57:29 CET 2011

I just had a few minutes of free time and re-did the benchmark against
libevevent-2.0.10.

Seems the epoll fixes they incorporated brought libevent 2 performance on
the same level as libevent 1., while the same thing lead to libev 4 being
slightly faster then the version i benchmarked in 2008 or so.

However, I didn't check this very thoroughly, and only "release" this
because some people have asked "nicely". I don't even know for sure which
libevent 1 version the libevent binary uses.

Or in other words: MAKE SURE YOU RE-RUN THE BENCHMARK AND VERIFY THE
RESULTS YOURSELF IF YOU WANT NUMBERS YOU CAN TRUST.

http://data.plan9.de/2dat.t0.png
http://data.plan9.de/2dat.t1.png

      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de